Certified Medical Assistant TRAINEE PROGRAM
Earn while you learn!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Certified Medical Assistant Trainee Program is a hands-on, six-week on the job training program that prepares students to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Health career Association. Trainees will be hired by Rio Grande Hospital (RGH) while completing their Medical Assistant training through self-driven online courses offered by US Career Institute.
WHAT IS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT?
Medical Assistants (MAs) work alongside providers to perform both clinical and administrative duties in mostly outpatient care locations. MAs are trained for both front and back office duties, such as answering telephones, greeting patients and coding/billing insurance forms. Medical Assistants are a vital partner to the provider. Their back office responsibilities include taking medical histories, assisting in examinations and procedures, patient education and performing or arranging an array of medical tests.
STEPS TO APPLY
Must be 18+ and have a High School Diploma or GED Deadline to apply: December 31, 2022
1. Submit your application at https://riograndehospital.org/employment/
2. Formal interview with a hiring manager.
3. We will select 5 of the interviewed applicants.
4. If chosen for the program, complete your offer letter and pre-employment screenings (drug screen, background check, etc.). An annual flu shot and COVID vaccine are required as a part of employment.
5. If hired, attend RGH Orientation.
6. Begin your journey to becoming a Clinical Certified Medical Assistant.
• Medical Assistant Trainees start at $12.56 hourly.
• Once trainee is fully certified, they retain the title of Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA), and receive a raise in compensation.
• Benefits offered 90 days following the start date of employment through RGH.
• During the program, the trainee will function in a clinic support role, performing duties such as vitals, rooming patients and various administrative tasks. Program Cost
• RGH will pay 100% of the tuition, which will require a commitment agreement signed by the student to work for RGH for a minimum of 24 months once hired as a CCMA upon completion of the program.
• The program is time intensive and requires a commitment of 40 hours per week.
Application & Interview Process
• Candidates can apply to the program below
• Qualified candidates will be selected for interviews with hiring managers
• Candidates that pass the interview process and are selected for employment will receive employment offer letter.
• Hands-on training with experienced CCMAs and LPNs
• Performance check-points with manager
Please call Jennelle Gallegos at 719-657-4114 or email at email@example.com
Download Information Flyer Here