Specialty: Family Practice and Geriatrics, BLS, ACLS, PALS
Dr. Hurley Walker came to the San Luis Valley to be closer to family and to continue the family legacy of medicine that includes her father, Grant Hurley, who is also a local doctor, as were her Great Granddad and Granddad. Her mother is also a Public Health Nurse. Her hobbies include riding horses, backpacking with her husband, Dr. James Ely Walker and cooking.
- Fellowship – University of Colorado School of Medicine and Denver Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Geriatric Fellowship Program: Advanced training in care of the elderly across multiple settings including inpatient, outpatient, consultations, nursing home, rehab, home care and hospice with an additional emphasis on developing competence as a teacher of medical residents and students.
- Post Graduate: John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, TX
- MD: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO: Hippocrates Award, Gold Humanism Honor Society, Colorado Trust Health Profession Scholar
- BS: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO: CSU Honor’s Program, Cum Laude Graduate, Phi Betta Kappa Honor Society
Board Certifications / Additional Medical Training:
Full, unrestricted physician licensure in Colorado and Texas
Double boarded in Family Practice and Geriatrics
Current certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS
Medical Volunteer Experience:
- Kudjip Nazarene Hospital – Volunteer at a 200 bed mission hospital in Papua New Guinea
- Stout Street Elective – Participated in a free student-run Saturday clinic in downtown Denver. Additionally, was on the steering committee for this elective and assisted in organizing the experience for other medical students.