Pharmacy Technician (Part-time) in Monte Vista. Pharmacy. Technician Provisional License or Pharmacy Technician License. Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apply Now! Monte Vista Pharmacy will train you to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers. We will train to you have a foundational and advanced knowledge, skills, and on-the-job experiences you need to prepare to become a certified pharmacy technician.
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Rio Grande Hospital/Monte Vista Pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Responsible for using PioneerRx to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. If PTCB certified, assists with other pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and point of sale in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering pharmacy services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all pharmacy staff to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) in alinement with Custom Learning Systems.
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Rio Grande Hospital/Monte Vista Pharmacy policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program (Occurrence Reports).
- Strictly adheres to the Rio Grande Hospital/Monte Vista Pharmacy policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager and/or Staff Pharmacist
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Rio Grande Hospital/Monte Vista Pharmacy asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assists with ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all Rio Grande Hospital/Monte Vista Pharmacy policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration. Otherwise, earns PTCB certification as condition of promotion.
- Attends training and completes the requested training by Manager and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening hours.
Experience: Preferred Qualifications
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications.
- Prefer good computer skills.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
- Prefer PTCB certification. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
For more information, email Nellie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our incredible patient-centered and service-oriented team. Must be motivated and available to work flexible shifts.