What is a Patient Advocate?
The “go to person,” who can help guide you through the healthcare maze:
- A Patient Advocate is the go between for the healthcare provider and the patient
- A Patient Advocate provides an invaluable service to a patient at a crucial time
- A Patient Advocate acts as guardian angles to patient’s rights
- A Patient Advocate helps to keep open lines of communications
- A Patient Advocate is not an adversarial position
It is important that patients ultimately have as much independence as their condition allows, and everything our advocate does is geared toward that outcome. A Patient Advocate creates, provides, and coordinates services and activities with patients, families and communities that foster strength, healthy living, and overall well-being. They can also provide support in a case management style and act as a liaison between families, staff, the community, and other family-related services.