For assistance from our patient advocate, please call Phyllis at 719-657-4043 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can our patient advocate assist you?
What is a Patient Advocate?
The “go to person,” who can help guide you through the healthcare maze:
- A Patient Advocate is the go between for the healthcare provider and the patient
- A Patient Advocate provides an invaluable service to a patient at a crucial time
- A Patient Advocate acts as guardian angles to patient’s rights
- A Patient Advocate helps to keep open lines of communications
- A Patient Advocate is not an adversarial position
It is important that patients ultimately have as much independence as their condition allows, and everything our advocate does is geared toward that outcome. A Patient Advocate creates, provides, and coordinates services and activities with patients, families and communities that foster strength, healthy living, and overall well-being. They can also provide support in a case management style and act as a liaison between families, staff, the community, and other family-related services.
- Advocating for patient rights and needs.
- Protecting confidentiality for patients and their families to ensure compliance with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Advocating for the handicapped to safeguard compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Identifying innovations to improve the patient experience.
- Assisting caregivers in meeting patient’s needs, expectations, and concerns.
- Communicating Rio Grande Hospital and Clinics’ policies, procedures and services.
- Educating staff on how to provide the best customer service possible.
- Serving as a resource for both patients and health care providers.
Rio Grande Hospital
310 County Road 14
Del Norte, CO 81132
Creede Family Practice
802 Rio Grande Ave
Creede, CO 81130
Rio Grande Hospital Clinic
310C County Road 14
Del Norte, CO 81132
Monte Vista Medical Clinic
1033 2nd Avenue
Monte Vista, CO 81144
Pharmacy Tel: 719-628-0533
Rio Grande Hospital Clinic at South Fork
62 Park Drive
South Fork, CO 81154